Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on February 22, 2011
(read my update)

This inexpensive TV worked great for one month and the quality was reasonable for the price. However it no longer detects a signal from any device using an HDMI connection. I can only watch something for about 5 minutes before it loses a signal and warms me nothing is connected to any of the ports. I tested all the equipment on another TV and it works fine so I know it's the TV. Do yourself a favor and either spend the extra money it takes to get a quality display or buy a smaller one for the same price.

It's highly likely I received an unusual lemon but I feel like I should inform folks who read reviews.

(Update)

It turns out the root of my problem was I had the TV set to bypass the internal speakers using one of the settings on the TV. I learned that if you ask the TV not to use it's speakers it will also not use the display either, it's a bad software glitch I suppose. The way I figured this out was by restting the TV and when I turned off the speakers te display quit working immediately.

So now other than the exceptionally bad ghosting the display works fine and you can't beat the price especially if you are like me and only use it to watch movies once or twice a month.
22 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.