Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 14, 2011
I hate swapping DVDs so was excited to see that this player could take USB and SD Card media. The info online and in the manual was kind of spotty in this regard so I took the leap of faith and ordered the player.

The bottom line is if you are on a PC just get the (free) Format Factory software and use it to create generic AVIs. I had no luck on my Mac using Handbrake to get a usable file. With Handbrake I got as close as having video but could not get the audio to play, that program is great but after an evening of messing around different combinations of settings I decided I had better things to do with my time.

I ripped a few of my son's DVDs into AVIs using Format Factory and the quality of playback is stunning. While the DVD playback has some weird artifacts (looks like a sharpness filter or something), the AVI files are clean and crisp with bright colors.

So far the only con is the crappy bag. It holds accessories but the player pops out when strapped to a standard headrest. The elastic straps are such that the surface it is strapped to needs to be completely flat. Insert something rigid inside the bag behind the player to get it to work better (9"x7" piece of 1/8" plywood). I ended up fabricating a custom mount with wood, velcro pads and velcro straps.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?