Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 11, 2012
Before I read the first paragraph of book, (which captivated me - literally. I read the book all at once) I thought of myself as someone who knew a thing or two about mental illness. I soon found out that I knew very little.

Victoria Costello not only answered the questions I had about mental illness, but she educated me about the science (and legacy) of psychiatric disorders.I loved the quality of the author's writing and story telling. I was grateful that the author's account of raising two sons with severe mental illness (one with paranoid schizophrenia and the other with depression and anxiety) included hopeful tips about how parents can safeguard their child's mental health.
1 helpful vote