January 31, 2013
I just finished "Liberty or Death". The characters and the story will appeal to any reader. The Science fiction readers as well as the novice reader will get so much enjoyment from the story line. Dan's writing puts you right in the action. I could envision it like a movie playing in my head.

The lead character, Amena Wharry is a cross between Katniss Everdeen, of Hunger Games and Turanga Leela of Futurama. Other characters include, Kaden, her lifelong best friend, a martial arts expert, and perfect gentleman (a veiled version of Sherrier perhaps?); Sela, the most brilliant inventor of our time, though sometimes inspiration strikes faster than she can work; Ballard, an ex-Navy SEAL who's ex for a reason and sees each new world as a potential threat to ours; and Jem, an astounding acrobat with a tendency to alternate between bravery and cowardice If you were a fan of the Hunger Game series, you will find Sherrier's characters just as enjoyable. He draws you in with vivid character and scene descriptions right from the Teaser that starts each Novella.

I can't write from a science fiction perspective because I am a novice in this genre. I have read, however, parts of the Star Wars series of books, "Lost Tribe of the Sith," by John Jackson Miller. "Earths in Space." "Liberty or Death" was as enjoyable and exciting as any of those novels.

Sherrier is destined to be the next Gene Rodenberry, Alan D Foster, or might I say George Lucas. From an early age he started out, as so many science fiction fans do, reading comic books. He would then create his own adventures all through his formative years. He said in a recent interview, "I find I prefer sci-fi and fantasy with some connection to the real world. Distant magical realms give me little to latch onto, but toss in someone from our world, and I'm interested." This unique take on the world of Science fiction is what makes his book attractive to the average reader.

I am looking forward to reading, "The End of the Earth," the second novella from "Earths in Space vol. 1: Where Are the Little Green Men?" This is a must read for readers of all ages, and should be part of the English curriculum of every junior high school.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink