Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

on December 13, 2012
*** UPDATE ***
I'm changing my review to 4 stars because I've realized I shouldn't give a poor review just because one of the sellers sent me an inferior product that did not match the Amazon product listing. That's the seller's fault. For the actual product being advertised here, the LED shades look really cool, you just get what you pay for. They're flimsy, cheaply made, the arm hinges are fragile, and they're really, really hard to see out of, especially when the LEDs are set to some of the more intense settings. However that's the tradeoff for some really cool looking LED shutter shades. The battery isn't meant to be replaceable but you can definitely take out a couple screws and open these up and replace the battery if you want to. Regardless, I suggest keeping several pairs on hand at all times. You've kinda gotta think of them as semi-disposable.
*** END UPDATE - original review is below ***

The first time I ordered these (from seller: ToysNGamesEtc), I got the ones shown in the product picture. They were pretty awesome - multicolored, three different strobing settings, and they did a good job of illuminating the "shutters" of these shutter shades which was a fantastic effect. Were they cheap and flimsy feeling? Sure, but what do you expect? I'd have given them a 4-star review based on all this.

However, being that they're flimsy, the arm broke on my pair. Since they're pretty inexpensive, I bought two more pairs to keep as backups.

Here's where my rating plummets to a 1-star.

I bought 2 more pairs from this exact same product page (from seller: 3Dstereo), except what I received was not the product pictured at all. I received a different make/brand of light-up sunglasses that just had four LEDs in the corners. The LEDs were all the same color, did not change color, and did not illuminate the "shutters" in the shutter shades. And they stopped working after about hour. If I turned them off for a while, they'd work again, but then cut off again in an hour's time.

Garbage.

I recommend you find another source for your light-up shutter shade needs because this seller (3Dstereo) will apparently just send you whatever crap they have in stock. Don't expect what's pictured to be what you get.
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.