Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on January 22, 2012
I've been living with my BonaVita (BV) for a few weeks, now, and I can say without reservation that it brews coffee that is the equal of my TechniVorm (TV).

My initial interest in the BV was to check how well the TV was performing after 16 months of continual use, so one of the first things I did was to brew a pot of coffee in each of the machines simultaneously. Then I had my wife serve me samples of each so that I would not know which cup was from which brewer. The brews would have been completely imperceptible had it not been for a very subtle difference in temperatures, with the BV being perhaps as much as 5º F hotter although I did not measure this. I also noted that the TV was just about 30 seconds faster at brewing 1 liter of water, and that the slightly larger hole in the filter holder allowed the coffee to drip into the pot a little quicker. As a whole, the BV is a more conventional looking coffee maker that, at less than half the price of the TV, appears to be just as well made. Only time will tell if it is as durable. I do prefer the TV for the platform on which the filter holder sits. The BV is designed so that the filter holder rests atop the pot, and must be removed in order to pour your coffee. That is a lot simpler, albeit a bit clumsy. Neither the BV nor the TV can make huge amounts of coffee at a time, but if 1.25 liters -- about 43 ounces -- will suit your needs, you're good to go.

Given all of the positives, I'd recommend the BonaVita to anyone thinking about the purchase of a high-quality coffee maker; it's SCAA-certified too.
0Comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.