Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on September 21, 2012
Bought a 2012 MacbookAir this year. I do have the thunderbolt gigE adapter but I am using the port for the miniport display for the 24" cinema display (Yeah I am one of those mac heads, wanna fight about it? Just joking). Seriously though the adapter I needed since I can't use the thunderbolt port, and there are no thunderbolt hubs out yet. The Air is wireless as everyone knows, which is a pain. Been waiting for this adapter for quite awhile I even wrote to the guys at ASIX asking for one they told me to wait. The short of it this works well with mac but you need the driver for it. The driver included on the CD in the package is old so you might as well check for the latest from ASIX at [...] Mac is sometimes painful so I'm happy this is working well. One thing to note however. I ran a few iperf tests. Incoming connections are getting about 110MB <- megabytes/s where outbound is getting on average of 95MB. The other computers I am testing to are mac and linux both are slower machines. Is it possible the RAM buffer is just that much faster on the Air? Running the adapter on 10.7.4 haven't tried 10.8.

------> Update 8-3-14 <------

Still running great here. I have updated the driver at least once during my operation and it's been running flawlessly. I am still running this on a 2012 MacAir. I have recently purchased a second unit for LACP. I will update this review after I get it installed/setup and tested.

------> Update 8-8-14 <------

This works great with the MacAir and LACP. I have it hooked into a Netgear switch that supports LACP and into a Synology diskstation. Getting great results, pretty close to reading from a local SATA drive. I love this stuff. Can't wait for when 10 Gig comes down in price.
2020 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.