2,480 of 2,532 people found the following review helpful
The Clip+ does everything it needs to, and nothing it doesn't.
, September 18, 2009
This review is from: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I owned the first generation clip, and the new 8gb clip+ retains everything that was great about the first while adding all around refinements.
- Overall build quality has improved, but especially with the clip mechanism.
- Files on MicroSD integrate seemlessly with the on board memory.
- The volume and power buttons have more ergonomic placement on the device.
- Sound quality remains great.
- Audiobook files can be sped up slightly to save some "reading" time.
- The interface is a little smoother and nicer to move through.
- The square trackpad makes it easier to navigate without looking at the player. (good for runners)
- No cap on the MicroSD slot, so that could potentially get dirty.
If you don't need gimmicks such as touch screens and web browsers, then this player is quite possibly the best on the market for value, size, and quality. The Clip+ is definitely worth the few extra bucks over what the first gen clip is selling for now.
UPDATE: Having used the product for a while the one thing I'm disappointed with is battery life. The meter drains down to 50% at the expected pace, and then goes from 50% to 0 quite fast. I haven't timed it but i'm sure the battery life (using all default settings) is quite less than the advertised 14-15 hours.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?