Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on April 25, 2012
I've had a passion for leadership studies for several years now, and I was excited to get my hands on another book. While he brings a lot to the table for looking at leadership, I didn't see anything new that hadn't been said by others before him. However, I think my biggest problem with the book was how he gave examples. Every few sentences, he was introducing someone new and explaining that s/he exemplified whatever characteristic was being talked about at the time. He never dove into the stories of his examples; he never went above a surface-level explanation of the person and the characteristic. In addition, most of the times that he named people, he linked them to himself as often as he could. I assume that he was doing that to show his relationship with them, but it came across to me like he was name-dropping though the entire book. I wish that he would have picked two or three people who exemplified his characteristics and showed real life stories where they happened. This would have allowed us a deeper understanding of the people and the characteristic. Not to mention, it would have eliminated most of the confusion that occurred whenever he introduced a new example (I.e. every new paragraph).

Overall, the book would probably be good if you are just beginning your quest into leadership development, however, if you've studied it before, I wouldn't waste my time on it.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.