Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on May 30, 2011
I'm another long-time fan of the Wave Rider. I had several pairs of 11s, 12s, and 13s, and loved them. They were my only running shoe, although I used other brands and models for cross training.

The Wave Rider 14 is about 1/2 size smaller in the toe than previous versions of the same shoe. It was subtle when I tried the shoe on, but after running in them, it's very apparent. I just ran 8 miles in them, and there are blisters between every one of my toes. They are just smashed together in the narrow toe box.

For reference, I ran a 15K and a half marathon in the pouring rain while wearing the 13s, and had zero blisters anywhere on my feet or toes.

I tried going up a 1/2 size, but then the shoe is too long and too loose in the heel.

I agree with what other customers have said about the ankle as well. I'm so disappointed. Mizuno has lost a long-time customer forever.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?