Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing hub that adds 7 USB 3.0 ports to your computer!, May 10, 2013
This review is from: HooToo? HT-UH011 USB 3.0 HUB 7-Port (12V/3A AC Power Adapter, Latest VIA VL812 Chipset Adopted, 3.3 feet USB 3.0 Cable,), Backward Compatible with USB 2.0 and Supporting Windows / Mac / Linux OS (Electronics)
Length:: 7:03 Mins

This is an amazing package for its size. It adds seven USB 3.0 ports to your computer that are downward compatible to USB 2.0 and 1.1. In my attached video I tested 3 different USB thumb drives and a SATA I USB powered Hard Disk Drive and the hub performed very well in speed tests. I also posted in the video some graphic data analysis of the data transfer speeds.

The port comes with:
* A USB 3.0 cable to connect it to your computer. If you want USB 3.0 data transfer speed then you have to use a USB 3.0 port on your computer. The cable is 39 inches long.
* An AC wall power supply that will power the hub and furnish power to the USB 3.0 ports. The power adapter can use 100 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hertz so it is compatible for overseas use as long as you take your AC wall plug adapters. The output is 12 VDC at 3 Amps and that along with the power out of your computer's USB3.0 port provides the power for the operation of this powerful accessory. Each USB 3.0 port needs to be able to supply 900 mADC. The cable length for the power adapter is 4 feet,
* An instruction manual

In my video I plugged in a high speed, medium speed and slower speed USB thumb drive as well as a USB powered SATA I Hard Disk Drive. I did some speed testing and the speed results were very good. Just remember that you have to share one computer USB3.0 port with the seven ports on the hub so if multiple ports are reading or writing at that same time then the speeds are not capable of reaching 5 Gbps. The graphs are in the video but here are the fastest speeds that I saw in my testing.

Fast speed USB thumb drive:

* Max read speed at 89,033 MB/s

USB powered SATA I Hard Disk Drive:
* Max write speed at 31,880 MB/s
* Max read speed at 32,109 MB/s

The seven UBS 3.0 ports allow you to add any type of accessory that needs a USB port. This means that you can add in a printer, scanner, external hard drive or whatever accessory you may need. The hub is compatible with many operating systems and I tested it on Vista 64 Bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit operating systems. No drivers are required to install this device.

I would also like to state that when I plugged in my iPhone 4 it synced with iTunes and at the same time it was charging. This occurred with the other four devices plugged in and drawing power. I also posted four photos of the speed tests for your more detailed information in addition to the video.

I was supplied a sample unit for testing and I promised a fair and honest review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2013, 1:26:22 AM PDT
Amazing detail and care from this expert tech. Charge my card, I'm in -- thanks, JJ!

Posted on Oct 18, 2013, 5:53:26 AM PDT
D. Castle says:
"The seven UBS 3.0 ports allow you to add any type of accessory that needs a USB port. This means that you can add in a printer, scanner, external hard drive or whatever accessory you may need. The hub is..."
How can this piece of hardware have seven USB 3.0 ports? It has seven ports, NOT all USB 3.0. My understanding is 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0 and 1 charging.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013, 6:26:49 AM PDT
JJCEO says:
This web page has somehow combined multiple products onto one page. As a result it has combined several of my reviews onto the same page. I believe you are looking at one product and looking at the review for another. I hate when amazon or the supplier combines products like this as it is confusing, IMHO, to perspective buyers.

Posted on Dec 6, 2013, 5:56:35 PM PST
Randolph Eck says:
Very good presentation! I just wanted to make one correction to your data values. The charts you presented show values in kilobytes per second in the right hand columns, whereas the X-axis of the charts uses megabytes per second. So the values you are listing should be KB/s instead of MB/s. Correct me if I am wrong.

Posted on Nov 2, 2014, 9:41:57 AM PST