90 of 96 people found the following review helpful
Great Way To Add Screen Real Estate On The Road,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: AOC E1649FWU 16-Inch 1366 x 768 16 ms LED LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
I use two 28" screens with my desktop computer, so it's always been a big hit when I go remote and need to work on my awesome laptop. No matter how good this laptop is, it still only has a 14" screen. With the smaller single screen, I estimate I can be about 70% as effective as I can while working at home. This AOC screen allows me to take *some* of the benefits of a big desk setup with me on the road. I don't carry this for meetings, conferences, or for using at the coffee shop or on the train! But I DO take it when I'm likely to be in the same hotel for a few days, or abroad for a few weeks. It helps me set up a remote office without a big productivity hit.
Simple USB-only hookup
can work off laptop batteries, which drain faster, but still no plug is required
I plugged it into Windows 7...it found its own drivers, then just worked
nice built-in stand
easy for portrait or landscape
same resolution as my laptop
For sales guys, or people making presentations, it's easy to point one screen at the customer, and the laptop at you.
I plugged a single plug into a single USB 2.0 port, and that worked (no second USB plug needed for power.)
Easy to share
not protected for travel, you'll need to get a bag or some container, or fit it into your existing briefcase
I don't like the location of the USB port, which is hiding in the slot where the stand retracts. You need to remove the wire to fold in the stand.
Some of the ways I use two screens to be more productive:
1) I can have email on one window, and a browser on the other, when I click news links in newsletters, it opens a browser and loads the page while I can still continue reading the newsletter. This way, I'm not waiting for web pages to load, I only look at them after they are ready.
2) I can be writing one document while viewing source information on the other screen instead of needing to flip back and forth.
3) Multitasking, such as viewing a video while managing files or cleaning up an inbox.
4) I put one in portrait to view a full paper page of a document, instead of a partial page.
5) There are many more little ways two screens helps. It ends up saving a few seconds at a time...but it does it over and over, ALL DAY. It adds up. I put two screens on the desks of all my staff, so they can work better and the response is universal: Day 1: "I don't really need 2 screens, I work fine with one." Day 3: "I see what you mean, there are a few things I can do faster." Day 30: "I will NEVER go back to working with one screen on a regular basis."
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2012 5:04:03 AM PDT
Posted on Mar 30, 2013 7:15:01 PM PDT
Robert C. Wuhrman says:
Thanks for the review. Question for you -> Is this AOC monitor Made in China or Made in Taiwan?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›