25 of 25 people found the following review helpful
No such thing as over-exposure when it comes to the Lakers...,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Los Angeles Lakers: 2010 NBA Finals Series (Collector's Edition) (DVD)
- Ron Artest, champagne-drenched, in his Game 7 post-interview: "What's the question? I''ll be here all day. Well, not all day 'cause I do want to go to the club."
So can one get enough of them L. A. Lakers? With that emotional, very classy ring ceremony just this past October 26th, I thought every possible drop of fan joy had been wrung out of the 2009-2010 Lakers Championship Team. But then this hefty DVD set rolls around with its eight discs, the first seven of which offer up the entire Games 1-7 of the tension-wracked 2010 NBA Finals series between Boston and Los Angeles. Note that the bonus eighth disc compiles a busload of post-game press conferences, spanning Games 1-7 and, yes, this includes Ron Artest's classic wacky, exuberant Game 7 post-conference interview on the dais ("I got Wheaties!").
This has been one of the most intense, most hotly-contested NBA Finals in recent memory, and I am mulling over how hard core of a fan I am, whether I actually really want to sit thru those soul-killing games in which the Lakers lost (I don't know if I could put myself thru that again). Anyway, each DVD that features a game also comes with a mini-movie which provides an overview of that game, and the sights and sounds leading up to that game (including sound bites from players, coaches, and fans). You should know that each of these mini-movies consists of clips lifted straight from the L.A. Lakers' NBA Championship 2009-2010 DVD, minus the voice-over narrator. Each of the first seven discs also comes with team score breakdowns for each quarter and team stats (field goal %s, offensive/defensive rebounds, turnovers, blocks, fouls). Note that the Game 7 disc also has Doris Burke' immediate and surreal post-game interview with Ron Artest ("Well, first off, I want to thank everybody in my 'hood...") and the presentation of the Larry O'Brien and Finals MVP trophies. I know this DVD set is pricey as heck but, for you Lakers fans, this is about as must-have as it gets.
The bonus 8th disc gives you the following post-game press conferences:
- Game 1: Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant
- Game 2: Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, Ray Allen
- Game 3: Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant
- Game 4: Doc Rivers, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, Nate Robinson & Glen Davis
- Game 5: Doc Rivers, Paul Pierce, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett
- Game 6: Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Pau Gasol, Kobe Bryant
- Game 7: Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest
(20 customer reviews)