Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Amazon Experience Centers MMM MMM MMM  Amazon Experience Centers Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 18, 2011
Other than the fact that several people complained that the glue used to secure the grill to the facing would fail when exposed to the outdoor heat, I found most of the reviews about the sound quality favorable so I ordered two pairs. They arrived once again earlier than expected and in great shape. The first thing that surprised me when I unpacked them was how light each speaker housing unit was compared to its size. Although they seemed to be well made, against my Polk Audio two way bookshelf speakers or even my outdoor KLH M-Pro speakers which were all of the same or smaller overall dimension, they definitely felt light and hollow.

Dubiously, I hooked them up to my stereo amplifier and much to my amazement these speakers came to life! They were loud, clean, clear and boasted a respectably wide frequency range. These speakers caused me to recalibrate my sound system to tone down their loudness and brilliance a bit. Bass is quite decent just by itself, but nothing of course beats the addition of a dedicated subwoofer to the mix to compliment each pair and bring out its true musical potential.

For the price, quality and performance ... I definitely love these speakers. If they hold out under normal use ... they'd pretty much be near perfection.

UPDATE: A day after writing the above review, I did some side by side testing of this unit against several other similarly sized speaker brands (home and outdoor) I had using a professional powered pre-amp. Even without the enhancement of a subwoofer to fully extend the lower bass frequencies I was impressed by the ability of its 6.5" speakers to deliver reasonably clean, clear and effortless bass. So ... I decided to order another 2 pairs of these speakers. What else can I say again other than for the price ... they definitely seem to be a good buy!
37 people found this helpful