Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars *** How to get the digital copy of the movie to work on iTunes from ultraviolet***, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

I just wanted to share with everyone my outstanding experience with ultraviolet customer service, in resolving the issue of not being able to access the movie on iTunes.

After reading the reviews on Amazon, I was going to return the movie as I specifically wanted the Blu Ray and a digital copy to play on my iPad and iPhone.

After receiving the disc, I read the print on the back of the packaging and noticed a website address for the ultraviolet service: [...]
I contacted their customer service department and advised them that i was disappointed that the disc will not work on iTunes. I was not really expecting a response back and was amazed, as their Customer Service department contacted me almost immediately and requested that I provide them with the Reference Code (to verify my purchase of the movie) and they would send me an activation code which will allow me to redeem an electronic version of the movie on iTunes.

I sent them the code and they responded almost immediately with a reference code. I entered the code on iTunes and was able to redeem the movie on iTunes and watch it on my iPad.

I hope that this information is useful to other buyers of the movie.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2011 11:16:32 AM PST
Ichigo_Neko says:
hi i was wondering did you contact the flixter people to get that code for itunes cause when i found out it wasn't for itune i was very pissed off so could you please tell me who to contact to get the itunes code please! =D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 1:20:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2011 1:38:56 PM PST
M. Lankford says:

THIS IS THE ADDRESS I USED TO SUBMIT A SUPPORT ISSUE ABOUT THE DIGITAL COPY.

I just got my reply with the iTunes code.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 3:45:01 PM PST
David says:
Yes, there is a website address on the back of the blu ray box sleeve. I asked them for specific access to iTunes for the digital copy. Perhaps you could ask them for the digital version based on the application you are trying to watch the movie on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 4:46:29 PM PST
M. Lankford says:
I submitted a request at flixster and 7 mins later I had my iTunes code.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 12:46:42 PM PST
KPRyan says:
This worked for me too! Just sent them an email and after I provided the UV code, they sent me a code to work with Itunes!

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 5:20:08 PM PST
J. Shaffer says:
I too followed the link on the back of the blu-ray case and had my problem resolved. It literally took 2 minutes from the time I sent my request into them about the digital copy not being managed by iTunes until I got a code for iTunes to download the movie into my library.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 10:04:20 PM PST
Megan K says:
This solution also worked for me. I submitted a support ticket at 1:00 a.m. on a Sunday night, not expecting to get a reply for hours. But in less than 10 minutes I received a reply with an Itunes redemption code and I am downloading my movie now. They have a lot of work to do on the whole Ultraviolet/Flixter thing - bad concept, badly designed. Too bad Harry is taking the hit with crappy ratings on Amazon, which don't have anything to do with the movie itself, but with the quality of the digital download procedure.

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 1:11:45 AM PST
C. FISCHER says:
I was skeptical that this was a plant by UV people (ok, maybe I'm too paranoid) but I got this for Christmas, followed the link that M. Lankford sent http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15266 and sent them a request to have an iTunes copy. I requested on Christmas, and two days later they had not responded, so I sent a follow up email and within minutes they responded with an iTunes redemption code. I also go Cowboys and Aliens where they provided an iTunes option on top of UV streaming, so I believe it is a part of UV's business model, it's just that with Harry Potter you have to request it separately for some reason.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 7:39:43 PM PST
L. Peterson says:
I tried contacting UV support and they offered no help. Told me to get in touch with Flixster. What a joke - Dolphin Tale, Smurfs, HP DH 2 - digital copies are useless.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 7:13:16 PM PST
Hi, I did this too and it works, but the Ultraviolet license is supposed to give you 5 copies (for multiple computers). The reference code they give you only gets you one copy. I'm still arguing with them about it - they keep sending me form emails that don't address the problem.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›