April 3, 2014
[Disclaimer: I've received a free copy of this book for reviewing]

For a couple of years, I've been wanting to take a deep look at F#. Unfortunately, work and my lack of knowledge in the functional area kept me away from it because most of the books I've seen explain F# for the guy that has (at least) some experience with functional programming.
Fortunately for me, Dave has taken the time to write The Book of F#. This book is great if you're coming from other languages and you don't grasp the basics about functional programming. Besides teaching you the syntax, the author will also introduce you to the main concepts related with functional programming and it will even compare the approach used in F# with what you'd need to do in C#.
I've just finished reading the book, so there's still a lot to take in. However, I can assure you that the contents are good and that I'll be using this book daily when I start my next project with F#.
Overall, I'm giving it a 9/10.
4 people found this helpful