Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on December 26, 2013
This is some watch! The weight is great, love that first of all. I like heavy watches that feel sturdy. This is about as sturdy as I've run across, though I will NEVER understand why Invicta will not use Sapphire for their crystals. Other makers do and for less expensive watches. This watch, especially at the list price, should come with a Sapphire crystal. Nonetheless, I love this watch with its MOP dial and beautiful gold around the outer edge, and also around the edges of each of the small dials. The gold is light and slightly brushed, which is how I most like gold. (It's too shiny on my Russian Diver, while the photo for that makes it appear as though the gold on is is brushed.) The photo here makes the face of the watch appear much lighter than it really is. When one looks at it straight on the bezel appears almost black, though it is silver in color, or rather chrome, which reflects light to make the bezel look black. The bezel turns counterclockwise of course. And it's fairly easy to turn, at least relative to many of my other watches where the ratcheting is fairly fierce. All of these divers' bezels aren't the easiest things to turn.

The cable is about the same tone of gold and it seriously glitters under strong indoor lighting. That's due to the twisting of the wires making up the cable. Three cables run across the outside of the case, and two strands across--above and below--the crown and pushers, wherever the strap doesn't interfere. I didn't quite spot those when I purchased the watch. Then there's the one that runs entirely around the bezel. That's the hallmark of the Bolt line of Invictas.

Maybe the best part in my opinion is the screw-down crown and the pushers for the chronograph. Among other things they're all quite large, and thus easy to grasp and turn or push, respectively. These parts are the best I've found in an Invicta chronograph. The pushers work extremely well with eash-to-read small dials. The 1/10th-second hand turns rapidly for the first 30 seconds, just as it should. (Invictas vary on this point. I have another Reserve on which the 1/10th-second hand only turns when one stops the timer. It otherwise never turns, not even for the first 30 seconds. Why that is I have no idea. It's not a defect.)

This watch with crown is about the size of my Invicta Russian Diver, which is the largest watch Invicta makes, I think. It's 2.25" across, including crown. That about covers my wrist, which isn't especially large, as I'm medium boned. I like wearing large watches, possibly because I need glasses. But with or without glasses, it's not possible to read the time on this watch in low light. The hands blend completely into the background dial, as the photo sort of shows.

The strap is excellent, with cable trim on each side for the first two links. The polyurethane or rubber strap is otherwise a heavy gauge, very nicely textured and quite wide all the way to the stainless steel buckle.

This Bolt Zeus Reserve line watch is a show piece, and overall it is indeed a real beauty I think most guys would enjoy wearing, though perhaps larger men most of all. And the price is excellent for what one gets (minus a Sapphire crystal) in comparison to other makes, like Tag Heuer, Movado, Breitling, Tissot, etc., etc. $11,000 for a watch, let alone $150,000? This one will do just fine, maybe better.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.