Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 24, 2010
I have always liked much of Tony Bennett's music, but not all of it--some is a bit more jazzy and swingy than I usually like for evening listening. But this album particularly got to me and I have loved it! For one thing, many of the songs take me back in my mind to a time I remember with smiles and some melancholy, too. (The Shadow of Your Smile, Gentle Rain, Who Can I Turn To, Mood Indigo) I think his version of "For Once In My Life" is tremendous, and "How Do You Keep the Music Playing" is very, very evocative of all kinds of deep emotion. I even like a couple of the more upbeat ones, like, "Until I Met You".

As for the packaging, I download all the music immediately and give away the CDs in paper slip covers, so jewel boxes are a nuisance to me. Even if I save the CDs I keep them in a binder. But, I do like a booklet of notes. Not just credits, actual information about the music. I can understand why others would prefer the more traditional packaging and agree that there probably is more of a money incentive than eco-incentive for the manufacturers!

Overall though, whether bought as an album or in MP3 downloads of selected songs, you'll be reminded of why Tony Bennett is a legend--and how he can touch the heart!
1 helpful vote