Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on August 8, 2007
I just recently graduated with my masters degree in education and just got a job as a kindergarten teacher for this school year. During my graduate studies I became intrigued with the ideas from the Reggio Emilia schools: Documentation, Projects, the studio, collaboration, spaces, etc. I really wanted to be able to bring these ideas to my own classroom. I have read a lot of literature out there about Reggio Emilia and the various ideas associated with them- But a lot of those books are very academic and wordy and force you to ponder deep issues, which is great, but I'm not a grad student anymore. I need something a little bit more easy to read, with less theory and such and more how-to's. So I found Authentic Childhood and love it! It lays out the basic ideas of Reggio Emilia in a really accessible way. It has been a nice addition to my professional library. I mean, there is still theory in this book- but its Micheal Crichton-level reading, not James Joyce.
I also recommend: In the Spirit of the Studio (Learning from the Atelier of Reggio Emilia) and Making Learning Visible. These are valuable tools for any educator!
11 comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?