Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on October 17, 2012
What a great holiday read! I am now officially in the Christmas mood. I love holiday books whether they are Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day or even Halloween but Christmas is my favorite. Adair did not disappoint me in this Christmas read.

Gabe De Luca is the oldest of 5 siblings and has been the head of the family since his parents died when he was twenty-four. He has spent most of his adult life taking care of his siblings and fixing their problems so when he meets Regan Martin he knows he needs to stay away from her.

Regan had the misfortune of falling in love with Gabe's brother in law and ever since then, Gabe has made her life miserable; preventing her from getting jobs, getting her fired, ect. When she finally lands her dream job in Napa Valley she thinks that her life is finally starting to go her way. Little does she know that she has moved into Gabe's hometown.

I really enjoyed this book. From the start we see the clash of Regan and Gabe as they strike sparks off one another. Gabe tries and fails to see her as the home wrecker of his sisters marriage. While Regan tries and fails to ignore Gabe . Regan was great. She is funny, clumsy and has a string of bad luck that is hilarious and sad all at the same time. I loved her interactions with Gabe while they are both fighting their attractions for each other and she is trying every way in the world to find and keep a job and a home for her and her daughter. Gabe, once you got to his reasons for making Regan's life a misery, is a wonderful sweet man that would do anything for his family and has a protective streak a mile wide. The situations that pop up are so funny. I found myself mentally yelling at the pages of the book taking up for Regan or yelling at her, depending on what she was doing.

The chemistry for this couple is sizzling. From the first chapter you can almost see the sparks fly when Gabe and Regan are in a scene together. And while it takes a while for them to consummate their relationship, when they do it was everything I was waiting for. I only wish we had more scenes with them together as a couple once they stopped fighting and were trying to make their relationship work.

I loved how half the towns played a part in this book and the Mrs. Claus's kept popping up. I want to read more of the De Luca family and all the friends that Regan made. What will happen with Abby? How come Frankie seems to be so angry with Trey? This book made me laugh and almost cry several times. I am very excited to read the rest of the series and I hope they come out soon!

book received from author for the purpose of an honest review
Reviewed by Megan
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.