Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2010
We purchased this book on Amazon. We discovered that this book is pretty great for anyone who wants to get through the whole game. Here are the pros and cons...

Facts:
1. This Book has 272 pages. The New Super Mario Bros for Wii had 192 Game Pages, but the Super Mario Galaxy Book had 336 Game Pages. It depends on whether you want a long game guide or a short game guide.
2. They had maps of each galaxy, but their maps weren't the best maps in the world. They were OK.
3. I didn't buy the Super Mario Galaxy Game Guide, but I heard that they had a GIGANTIC poster inside it. This book has a "Mini" poster. The poster is smaller than the book itself. If you are buying this game for the poster, don't buy it because you'll be disapointed by a "mini" poster. I didn't really care about their "poster" but I hung it up anyways. ;)
4. You may ask, what's the difference between a premier version of the guide and a collector's version? A premier version is paperback and a collector's version is hardcover. I also heard that the collector's version book includes a star count guide. I don't really know what that is, but you can find out. If you want the book to help you through the ENTIRE game, I would go with the hardcover because it doesn't really fall apart easily. If you use the book a lot the cover tends to fold easily. If you plan to use the guide to help you with a couple galaxies, go for the premiere version. The collector's version is about $5 More, to those who want to know.
5. The maps of each galaxy is on one page, and the actual guide is on another page. This results in flipping back and forth if you want to know everything.
6. There were A LOT of mistakes in this book. There are too many to name. The most funniest mistake to me was the fact that they put a picture of King Lakitu (from Yoshi Star Galaxy)when they were explaning how to defeat Bugaboom! (From Puzzle Plank and also from Honeyhive in SMG1) I wonder why the publisher didn't even spot that error! A lot of the mistakes are minor. You'll probably skip over half of them if you're reading the book. (A friend once told me that the position of four of the green stars are wrong in the book! I haven't gotten that far in the game so I don't know what they mean!)I still think that it's weird that there are SO MANY mistakes in this book! I didn't spot a single mistake in the New Super Mario Bros Wii game guide!
7. WARNING! DO NOT BUY THIS GUIDE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CHEATS OR SECRETS! You won't find one! This guide doesn't have any cheats that you probably heard of in online guides. I know you at least some of you guys have heard of Yoshi's Infinte Flutter Jump. This book didn't have a single cheat. It didn't mention Yoshi's Infinte Flutter Jump. It didn't mention any cheats. This REALLY disappointed me!
8. This guide DOES tell you where all of the Green Stars are. Luckily.
9. So this guide is PERFECT for beginner gamers. This guide is no help to expert gamers. I'm not a beginner, and i'm not a expert. I'm in the middle.
10. I know I said this guide is no help to expert gamers. But this guide is still fun to read for experts! It was really fun to just read this guide over and over again! I think i've read this guide front to back 10 times already and found A LOT of mistakes! The funnest part was (and still is) trying to find more mistakes!
8 helpful votes