Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on September 1, 2006
The first time I encountered Haribo Gummi Bears was when I went to Germany for a semester overseas. I won a bag of these as a classroom prize.

At first, I thought these were going to be ordinary gummy bears, but, boy was I wrong. These candies truly are a step above all other gummy bears. In Germany, this is THE brand of gummy bears. Competitors' bags are sold at much lower prices, but few people buy them - and that's because the difference in quality and taste is noticeable. The other people's reviews regarding sweetness and softness are accurate. Haribo has found the perfect combination.

During the rest of my stay in Germany, I became a huge consumer of Haribo candies. Haribo sells other gummy candies, but their "Gold Bears" are the best.

When I returned to beautiful America, I was disappointed to find that Haribo is not so easy to acquire. They are sold online at other stores at decent prices but after shipping, the cost was quite steep.

I am truly excited to see these bears offered on Amazon with free super-saver shipping.

If you have never had Haribo Gummi Bears, you really need to try some. A 5-pound bag seems like a large quantity, but I promise, you will not be disappointed.

Edit: Nov 2, 2008 - When I wrote this review two years ago, Haribo was still quite difficult to find at grocery stores. It seems today that I can find them just about anywhere. In this case, Amazon still provides a really great deal on 5 lb bags. If you don't want 5 lbs, you can shop at a local grocery store.
But I must recommend this: if you will not eat all of the gummy bears right away, transfer them to an air tight container. If you leave the gummy bears exposed to the air, they will get very stiff after a while.
1313 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.