Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on October 17, 2010
I procrastinated on getting this lens for a few years now, with the mentality of "why would I pay a grand plus for a 85 prime when I already have the 70-200 2.8 that covers the zoom range already?" It seemed pretty redundant to have overlapping focal lengths.

However, day after day, the recurring thought that popped into my mind is, " I should get this lens." So after two + years of waiting and procrastinating, I saw the AF-S version and jumped on it!!
I have to say that the colors and contrast that I get from this lens at f/1.4 rivals or exceeds my 70-200mm @ the f/2.8 setting. It's been sitting on my camera ever since the first day I received it.

This lens is MUCH MUCH sharper then the Nikkor 50mm 1.4 wide open!! and renders Bokeh (the dreamy looking areas of the image) with such poetry that it makes my brain dance every time I look at the images produced by this product @ 1.4

The 3 Feet min focusing distance is a much welcomed feature compared to the relatively far 5 feet min focusing of the 70-200 zoom. It allows you to get closer to the subject and offer a more communicative shooting experience.

The secret to good photography is imagination + interesting subjects + fantastic lens

I'm happy to report that this lens is the most fantastic lens that I have ever used!
1212 comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.