Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 6, 2011
I was waiting to buy this, but decided I wanted to go ahead and rent this from Redbox and try it out for a day. I am sooooo very glad I did. As others have noted, there are glitches all over the place.
1 - while not necessarily a glitch, you can't skip past any of the animations. The very first one you can skip by pressing the + button and then C, but it's not obvious until you've sat there for 5 minutes and are then ready to just get to the game already. Not gonna happen, btw. There's another animation right after you can't skip. I, too, love that these games are based on the movies, but I do not want to watch the ENTIRE movie again in lego.
2 - Red hats? Really?? Instead of power bricks during the game, you are searching for red hats out in the port area. However, this just makes me think of the Red Hat Society and old ladies that wear purple and feathery red hats. Beyond that, the hats are super glitchy. You have to click Z to see what the hat is and how much to buy it and when I try to press Z to get out and not buy it, it wouldn't let me. I had to let it sit for a couple of minutes, then press Z again and maybe, maybe not, it would work. On one that I found, I saw what it was for, didn't have enough to buy it, went to earn some coinage and when I came back, it would never give me the Z option to buy it. I had to start a level and exit out to go back to buy it.
3 - Some of the views are insanely close to the characters. Can't see what's around in the level and what is there to bust up or find when your view is only the head. Quite a few of the graphics get choppy when there's more coinage popping up and stuff going on. This game clicked like crazy in the Wii console. I don't know if it's having trouble processing or what the deal is. Doesn't sound good though.
4 - not a glitch, but there are some levels where you're gathering 5 other people and then there's a mob following you around all the time. It makes it a little difficult to move around and gather things and do puzzles when you're bumping into your posse the whole time.

Good points:
1 - you can adjust the lighting. Some of the levels are in the dark and it's super hard to see, but they at least added it where you could lighten it up and therefore see what the heck is going on.
2 - still fun like the other lego games. Cute, goofy things going on with the characters.

I started liking it once I played a couple of levels. The red hat glitches drive me insane, but playing the game itself is fun.

Know this, you might as well have your lunch or dinner and drink and dessert and maybe a craft, cause you have tons of time during Story mode. You'll have plenty of opps to hit the potty, do the laundry, whatever cause those story animations are long. Kids may like them, but they seem way longer than the other Lego games. Let me put it this way, I think Batman was the first one, out quite a few years ago, and I liked playing it better than this one.

I'm sure they rushed this out after the last movie. Good try, but it's nutty buggy. If they release a fixed one, I'll probably buy it. As it is now, it's out of my wish list and has the honor of being the last Wii game I want to get.
What's this?