Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on January 17, 2014
The first was "Generation Earn" and I loved that one too. Palmer's writing style is engaging and easy to read. She writes on personal finance and her books connect the reader to further resources, and yet she doesn't bombard you with facts and information. I enjoy her biographical anecdotes and the occasional personal anecdotes from her own life experience. After two books I feel I know her, and I feel she's very genuine in her advice.

I polished off the book in a week of train commuting, and I never thought I'd so enjoy a book in the "personal finance / self-help" genre! It's impossible to read this book and not think about how it could apply in your own life. Once you've read it, you'll find yourself considering all the possibilities for applying your own "Economy of You." It's practical advice for our generation. We should question whether putting all our eggs in one employer's basket is a wise move, or at the very least think about how we can financially prepare for any situation. Palmer nails it.

Prior to writing this review, I was curious to see how others felt. To the one and only negative review of this book, "JJ Joshzz": you have completely missed the point, if you even read the book at all. This book is not about "doing everything" and running yourself ragged, or "taking time off the clock." It's about maximizing your return on what you already enjoy doing and do well. Or thinking of an area you'd like to develop. Or, often, getting a return on the things you're already doing for free. Nowhere does Palmer advocate slacking off at the expense of one's primary employment, and in fact employees that are not entirely one-dimensional tend to have much lower morale. Again, I sincerely doubt that "JJ Joshzz" even read the book.

I found this book to be enlightening, as it asked me to think outside the box and think about my, as Palmer puts it, "Inner Entrepreneur." I consider it to be an essential guide for those who wish to pursue personal fulfillment AND financial security in tandem.

I rarely give five stars, but Economy of You deserves it! Five stars!
What's this?