Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 1, 2011
The catalytic converter in my 2000 Chevy Malibu was clogged and causing issues with driveability. I was looking for a direct fit unit because I wanted to be able to change the converter in my garage. I don't have a welder or a saw-zaw, so a universal converter would have been harder to deal with then a direct fit.

First thing I noticed when this arrived was the build quality. This was a much much better unit then the aftermarket (walker brand I believe) converter that I was replacing. The actual converter was about 6 inches longer then the part I had removed. The tubing leading off of the converter was all stainless steal. I believe it was 2.25" tubing, I didn't measure, but that seems right. The aftermarket exhaust I have on my car uses 2 inch tubing, which I believe is smaller then stock, but I can't be sure. Also, the tube bends on the magnaflow were exceptional. There was no wrinkling or crimping at all on the bends, they were perfectly smooth. the flanges on this were also about twice as thick as the flanges from the part I was replacing. It was about 3/8 inch thick where my the old flange looked to be only a little under 1/4 inch thick.

It bolted right in place of the old catalytic converter. The flanges lined up perfectly, and the O2 sensor port was in the same spot as before. No issues at all with the install. The car drives great now that it is in there.

I would definately recommend this to anyone in need of a new direct fit converter, except those of you in California. The quality on this is exceptional, and I wish magnaflow made an exhaust kit for my car so I could have the same build quality all the way from the cat on back.
5 people found this helpful