Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Drs could learn something here, March 30, 2009
This review is from: Wedderspoon 100% Raw Manuka Honey KFactor 16 500g (Grocery)
I purchased this honey with the intention of healing my stomach which has been in a shambles for 20 years. I've been on every Rx antacid known, the last being Aciphex which is very strong and costs me $167 for 30 pills with insurance. I tried this honey after reading of its capabilities but believing that it was just a high priced scam, but I'm desperate for releif so I spent the $28. 3 days after eating 1 tsp on bread per day my stomach pain was gone. I couldn't beleive it. I'm still waiting for it to return but it's been a couple of weeks now and I feel great. In the past I've had to give up coffee, beer, spicy food, chocolate, etc. and still had gnawing pain. If you have stomach problems try this. I'm going to tell my Dr. about it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 66 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2009 4:23:10 PM PDT
Please don't tell your doctor without sending him an invoice for your advice! Honey is probably not FDA approved for stomach ailments, so he most likely won't take it to heart anyway.

Posted on Sep 10, 2009 2:17:42 AM PDT
M. Goldstein says:
Ginger also helps a lot esp candied ginger,
The brand Ginger people also sold on amazon is esp tasty and high quality. Read their website for user coments!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 3:04:16 PM PDT
Celery says:
Do you continue to take Manuka Honey? How is your stomach these days?

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 7:57:10 AM PST
J.P. says:
"I'm going to tell my Dr. about it."

Don't bother; he won't care. If it's not Big Pharma or FDA approved, today's Western doctors are clueless.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 1:45:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 1:51:40 PM PDT
Tried n True says:
@celery: I have the occasional sour/acid stomach/heartburn; eating celery is good for reducing the stomach acid but for some reason celery doesn't always work (maybe what I eat counters the celery's chemical composition) and celery works slower because you have to wait until the stomach juice breaks it down to release the chemical. This honey, the Wetterspoon brand, I've have been using for over 5 years, and it stops my pain everytime. It's has gotten more expensive since my first bottle purchase so I don't take as much. My stomach condition depends on what I eat and when, so it is manageable but I don't manage perfectly. I have the manuka with hot water, or with tea--though for stomach pain I only have it raw as is, unheated. It does helps my stomach pain but I cannot say if it healed anything since I was not diagnose with a disease.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:00:13 PM PDT
Cut gluten out of your diet, as well as GMO corn, and mercury containing, corn syrup. Corn has been genetically manipulated to produce poisonous pesticides...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 8:00:27 PM PDT
electron says:
We are having problems with gastritis in my family...pls tell me more -when your stomach hurts do you get nauseous and vomit?

Posted on May 4, 2012 12:48:06 PM PDT
SurferDude says:
Your review made me instantly buy this honey. I hope it works for me as well as it worked for you. I had been treated with antibiotics for a few months straight 2 years ago and ever since my stomach has been all messed up. I cannot get it back to normal nothing helps and it sucks. I can't eat anything without felling nauseas and acidic. I do not enjoy eating at all anymore. I merely eat for nutrition.

Posted on May 12, 2012 1:39:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 1:26:57 PM PST
BludBaut says:
Very few people in the medical profession want to know of anything that cures anything. They want surgery that pays them well or drugs that require continual use for the rest of your life so they can make a profit from your malady monthly for the rest of your life.

I once got conjunctivitis and went to the grocery store pharmacy. They informed me I'd have to pay for a doctor visit and a prescription. In seconds I'd found this minor infection could easily approach $100 in expense and I thought, "This is nonsense."

Instead I went home and saw my neighbor talking to a visitor in his driveway and walked over and said, "Do either of you know a simple remedy for pink eye? The visitor immediately said, "A pinch of boric acid in a quart of warm water to wash your eye and if it burns, you have too much in it." I did it and in a couple of days, my eye was find. I computed the cost to be less than one cent. Why didn't the pharmacist tell me this? I concluded it was because there was no profit for him in it.

Why do so many people in this country elevate their respect of the medical profession to one step short of God? There is *nothing* to guarantee a doctor's motives are one iota better than a used car salesman or a pimp, which is the function the doctor serves for the pharmaceutical companies.

Medical malpractice in America is a non-crime. Neither politicians nor law-enforcement agencies give any attention to it. It's relegated to civil lawsuits, yet murder is a criminal offense and the medical profession has murdered millions.

Six years ago you could easily find "natural remedies" for many things on Google very easily and instantly! Now, it's so VERY difficult because the sites that should come up with a "natural remedy" search are obscured by fake sites put up by affiliates of the AMA and the pharmaceutical companies full of verbiage DESIGNED to KEEP YOU OCCUPIED SO YOU WON'T FIND ANSWERS to your queries! Why? So that you'll *falsely assume* there is no remedy and go back to the doctor and feed the drug pushers!

What you MOST OFTEN get when searching for natural remedies are medical websites designed to keep you from finding genuine natural remedies, which are *abundant*. The AMA is NOT a "health authority" BUT a union for pharmaceutical company pimps, promoting drugs and surgery when a little *genuine* knowledge could and would solve so many ailments that destroy people's lives.

It's the FDA that legally keeps anyone from bringing any pressure to bear on this murderous union of money loving criminals. Just do a history search of all the members of the FDA, both before and after they "serve" on the FDA and see the evidence for whom they REALLY serve.

Google claims they don't sell placement. So why is Google catering to the drug pushers and don't we get honest responses? MONEY is Google's first, second and last interest.

I used to tell people that Google was the best thing on the Internet. Now I tell them, "Google SUCKS."

If you trust the medical profession any more than the used car lot that just just opened for business last week, it's NOT because you've done your due diligence.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 1:41:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 12:42:40 AM PDT
BludBaut says:
I think you might want to re-examine what you said and adjust the wording. GMO products are not "manipulated to produce poisonous pesticides" but engineered to not need pesticides.

I think it is unquestionable that God's design of our food *cannot* be improved upon by the genetic engineering of man and doing so is worse than foolhardy. I think it's unquestionable that such genetic engineering diminishes the quality of the food and Monsanto should rightfully be considered AND labled an "enemy" of our health by their presumptuous engineering and laws should be enacted forbidding such engineering.

Man has never improved on anything God has made and to think it will ever happen is ludicrous in anyone's opinion who has had any revelation of God's unfathomable wisdom and loving care for man.

Whatever harm they might cause humans or animals or insects, could, I think, be called damaging, harming or even poisoning our foods, and I think long term *honest* examination and research will show that the "benefit" is not worth the harm, but I think you hurt your credibility by saying they "produce dangerous pesticides."

When evil people do evil things, one of the clearest signs of who's who is that one side maintains integrity, honesty and credibility. That way, the ignorant, unlearned or undecided observer has a much easier time determining who's right and who's wrong when only one side misrepresents the truth.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›