Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 5, 2012
First and foremost I absolutely love this game! So far I've only played multiplayer mode so this review is based on that and not single player. I play this game with my wife, my brother and my sister. We are all over the age of 25 and very competitive towards each other.

The goal in the game is to get your net worth to the target amount and return to the bank, we usually do $10,000 since it's such a long game (2-4 hours). To increase your net worth you have to roll a dice and move around the board trying to collecting all suits (Spade, Heart, Diamond, Clover). Once you have them all you return to the bank for your big paycheck and promotion.

There are two versions you can play. Easy Rules and Standard Rules.

EASY RULE:
This version cuts out the stock market and districts. In this version you want to buy property connected to each other to increase the value of overall property unlike the standard version where it doesn't matter as long as the property is in the same district. Say you have 2 properties next to each other, if you buy a third, the value of all the properties connected increase and the price your opponents have to pay rises.

STANDARD RULES:
This is our favorite. We set it to allow a few empty lots where we can build strategic shops/buildings such as gates that act as a toll when players pass, a hot air balloon that lets you go to any space when you land on it, a tax office that lets you collect 5% of your net worth when you land on it, or opponents must pay you 10% of their net worth if they land on it any many more cool shops/buildings.

Districts are a set of properties that are the same color on the board and named "district" A,B,C and so on in the stock market. You always want to try to own all or as many property in the same district as it raises the value of all your properties in that district. Anytime you land on one of your property, you can invest in any of your shops/property to make the spot more expensive for your opponents as well as making it harder for them to buy you out, breaking up your little empire and decreasing the value of your properties. When you pass the bank, you can buy stock in a district which also helps to increases the stock value in that district.

Venture Cards are like the chance cards in monopoly and you can get them by landing on the spaces where the suits are. It could be good or bad. You might get a card that gives you free stocks, a card that raises your shop values, or a card that pays you money buy rolling the dice and much more. The cards themselves are laid out in a grid and you flip them over when you select them. If you can flip over 4 or more cards in a row you can earn bonus coins that add to your net worth/ready cash. You have to remember that other players will also be flipping these cards so they can block you and vice versa.

Other spots you can land on include an arcade that lets you play simple games that can reward you with coins or other helpful items, however some games have negative items too like in memory block, if you pick the bowser icon your property value will decrease permanently. They also have games like a slot machine, dart throwing, slime racing. Another spot let you make 20% commission on every player that lands on a shop/property for one round.

I won this game just the other day when I landed on the bank with all my suits, got promoted and paid but was about $250 short of the net worth goal of $10,000. I had the choice to buy stock and I did. I bought 100 shares in a district I was heavily invested in and that bumped up my net worth to over $10,000 making me the winner! There is a lot of strategy to this game which I love.

This game isn't for everyone but for those who like monopoly and this kind of stuff it's just sooo good and fun.
I say buy it!