Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise Against does it again!, April 27, 2008
This review is from: Sufferer & The Witness (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Very rarely does a band get 4 consecutive great albums. Rise Against, let's say, did it. Their first album was strong, with some short but powerful songs. Revolutions Per Minute blasted your ears off, and Siren Song delivered more melody. This 4th album, may I just say, keeps the spirit moving strong.

Chamber the Cartridge: 9.0/10
This sounds like the classic Rise Against! Which is a good thing. An earblasting speedy verse moving on to a slightly slower chorus.

Injection: 9.5/10
This one is one of my favorites, the intro is great and while the verse isn't much special, the chorus makes up for it entirely.

Ready to Fall: 10/10
One of the best. It focuses on animal cruelty and how we're killing the enviroment, and the verses and choruses make you want to put a stop to everything and just save animals.

Bricks: 8.0/10
Not my favorite, but it's a worthy listen with its extreme speed. It's also pretty shot clocking in at a minute an a half, but if you want something more The Unraveling style then your song is right here.

Under The Knife: 9.5/10
I used to hate this song. A lot. Then I just didn't like it. Then it got catchy. Then it got good. Now I cannot stop listening to it! You kinda have to listen to it yourself to really get it.

Prayer of the Refugee: 8.0/10
Eh.... not this song. Truth be told I think this song is overrated. It's not a bad song, and the chorus will keep you singing along through the whole thing, but they should have gone for a faster verse.

Drones: 9.5/10
I had never listened to this song in my life, but I put it on my MP3 player for no apparent reason. So I started listening to it and I was amazed! The chorus is good, and the solo.... awesome! They could have put in a better ending, but everything else: perfect!

The Approaching Curve: 9.0/10
I call this one the little oddball of the album. It sounds like Tim is speaking the verses while it is put to a moderately slow tune, before going into a melodic, sappy almost, chorus. But the cool part is Rise Against managed to do all of this the right way.

Worth Dying For: 8.5/10
Coulda easily fit along Siren Song, it's also the classic Rise Against. Fast heavy verses before being pushed into a slower but more melodic chorus.

Behind Closed Doors: 8.5/10
The first Rise Against song I actually listened to. I thought it sounded unique, and it really does. After listening to their other songs it sounded more classic, but it'll always have a special little place in my song collection. Also: If Tim has a sort of english accent you can definetely hear it in this song.

Roaside: 9.0/10
It's like The Sufferer's Swing Life Away, minus any traces of sappiness. These guys are the only band that can make hardcore punk meet acoustic work very well.

The Good Left Undone: 9.5/10
I had heard a lot about this song, but I'd never heard it. So one day I decided to do it. Needless to say, I made the right choice! The chorus, great, the verse, great, everything about it is awesome!

Survive: 10/10
There is no better way to close out this album. It starts out with a rather slow but epic intro, before going into the classic Rise Against, except more "oomph" in everything. My favorite on the album.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]