Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on April 8, 2011
The Tanaka string trimmer turns out to be another high cost, low quality item. I purchased my trimmer 1 year ago. I applied for the rebate but never received it. The trimmer functioned great during the last part of the 2010 season when I used it. It starts well and has as much power as expected for a 21cc trimmer. It is a nice light weight unit.

Now for the bad news. I stored it without fuel last year in an inside area. This year I get it out and the fuel lines are swelled and cracked. I get my other trimmer out that is 4 years old, add fuel, and it starts and runs great. It is a larger unit with a saw attachment but cost 1/3 the cost of the Tanaka. I believe it is reasonable to say the Tanaka should not have fuel lines that full off after one year of use. When I read the 7 year warranty it indicates fuel lines are not covered.
2727 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)