Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2020
I haven't read this author before I checked out the first book of this series, which I found absolutely delightful. I love quirky paranormal mysteries, and that first book showed me clearly that this author had that down pat. I hoped for a repeat with this book. I was not disappointed. The characters come alive; our main character, Fortuna, seems so real; her character just jumps off the page. She’s a great viewpoint character. I love the humor that is woven in. It's not often that a cozy mystery actually makes me laugh or smile (even if I enjoy its humor), but this one did—even though, of course, there is a dead body! I like that the series not only has individual stories for each book but also overarching themes that span the whole series, like Fortuna’s background and what is going on in her romantic life. If you enjoy well-written paranormal cozy mysteries with more than a touch of humor and quirkiness, you may very well enjoy the series. This book could be read as a stand-alone, though you will most likely enjoy it much more if you've read the first book first.

I received an ARC copy of this book, but that did not affect my review.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink