Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 8, 2012
Firstly, my main reason for buying this 2500T is to replace my PAW1200T that I have owned and used everyday for the past 4 years. I broke the sensor cover on that and also ended up cracking the case. So, I wanted to replace it with similar/better featured casio. I try to be direct with review/feed back here and if it seems like a bit "meh" then sorry.
Anyway, FWIW, I will not try to restate all the features which have be listed. This is something to expect from a top of the line casio watch. Having said that, some important notes/improvements.
Pros:
1) Display is much nicer/crisper, with lots more information including full date on almost all the menus and sub menus
2) Crystal is nicely set so as to not accidentally damage it due to impact.
3) The plastic "winglets" at the bottom make the watch very comfortable to wear. Although this can be a con after these are worn out and can't find replacements.
4) The link between the band is solid titanium, unlike my old one which was stamped steel.
5) The back light is much brighter.
6) Much lighter feel to the watch which is def a plus in spite of a metal band.
7) Buttons are much more easier to find in the dark and operate.
8) Consistent layout from one model to another makes changes / upgrades easier.
9) Continuous solar charging.

Cons:
In correct amazon listing by casio:

Product Features
Material: (case) titanium, (band) titanium

1) My main gripe about this watch is that the case is not made of metal, just resin(it doesn't have to be titanium). It does seem to have a metal ring. I chose this model be cause amazon listed the case material as titanium so I am ranking it down a couple for bad info by casio. I found this out on other sites/forums where people mentioned it but it was too late for me to cancel the order, I had already re-sized the band. I am afraid I will end up breaking this as well like my old watch. Had I known this I would bought 5100YT-1JF.
2) The clasp buttons (used to release the clasp pin) feels cheap. My old watch was made of titanium which felt more durable. I don't know why Casio would compromise on a piece that takes regular wear.
3) The thermometer seems off out of the box by almost 10F(high) between my old and new watch even without wearing/touching any part of the watch. This needs re-calibration.
4) The dial piece moves too easily, a more of click would have been better to retain the position.

I wish casio made the PRX models for US market instead of import at your own risk not to mention a little cheaper, but I would gladly pay for quality.
2121 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?