Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2013
After I ordered this screen cleaner, I was surprised to notice that the size of the bottle was actually pretty small. It actually doesn't say how much cleaning fluid is in the bottle, but I'm guessing it to be less than two fluid ounces, comparing it to a small bottle of hand sanitizer I have, which is bigger and still only 3 ounces.

When I first opened the packaging and sprayed the stuff on the cloth to clean my screen, I was yet again surprised to see that, unlike the product description promises, it does actually leave streaks and residue, at least on my laptop. And it's not from the cloth - I tried using tissues too. I'm not going to exaggerate and say that it left my screen a horrible mess, because it didn't, but the leftover streaks and stains were significant enough that it bothered me a lot, though I don't know if everyone would be as annoyed as I was.

The biggest offense, however, was when I found out that not only did my room mate's screen cleaner work better, but it was cheaper, and he got more of it too (a whole 6.5 or so ounces according to the label, and the bottle easily looked to be five or six times the size of this cleaner). He got the Philips screen cleaner here on Amazon, which comes in the green bottle with the white cloth and I believe should still be located under the "similar products" list.

I suppose I would have given this a one-star review, but I didn't want to be one of those fickle people who either rates things as a five or one with no in-between. I was definitely not satisfied with this product from Belkin, but I can't be sure if everyone wouldn't be fine with having a few streaks on their screens. But anyway, as much as I can convince you as the stranger that I am, you'd be better off getting the Philips cleaner anyway.
22 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?