Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this tablet, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model (Personal Computers)
I just picked this tablet up today. It was between this one and an Ipad. This seemed to be the better tablet. I have an apple laptop and an Iphone so by no means am I an apple hater. They have some very great products but I like the Android OS that this tablet comes with. The setup was fast an easy. I keep this next to me when I watch TV and I want to read and post to facebook. I will write more as time goes by. I will take to work with me tomorrow and see how it handles.
Day 2
I took tablet to work today. I am active duty Air Force so I had to disable the Wi-Fi on it because of the security policies at work. The battery lasted all day and then some. A few guys commented on it and were very interested in getting one. I used it for taking notes and updating my calendar on this device. I transferred a PowerPoint presentation and it worked fine with a program that this device came with. Seems to me like this device will work fine for me.

Day 5

So far the tab is working great for me. The only thing i don't like is the fact that the cable to charge is proprietary. Samsung should of included a usb port that would accomodate a standard charger cord.

2 1/2 months of ownership

Really love this tablet, I finally have it configured the way I like it. Tons of apps and the battery life is great. I love sitting on the sofa watching TV and surfing the web or using facebook. I have not used my laptop in a very long time.

8 Months

8 months of ownership and I still use this tablet daily, battery life is still good and the apps are great. The only other tablet I am interested is the "Windows Surface" I might give it a try some time in February when I go to the Academy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2012, 9:40:50 AM PDT
Consumer Joe says:
It's seems to come with a log of preinstalled apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc). Is it possible to uninstall them?

Posted on May 14, 2012, 10:55:25 AM PDT
JayJay says:
If you're going to have it next to you as you watch TV can you test out the remote control features and report on it? That's one of the only new features about this tablet and I'm very interested in it. Thanks.

Posted on May 14, 2012, 5:29:07 PM PDT
I popped into Best Buy hoping to pick up one of these to play with on my flight home. I primarily want a tablet for Skype, but also would like to integrate it into some level of useful work and streaming. When I asked at BB about Skype, they were unsure if it actually works, finally another staff member said that skype works fine as it is an Android OS (despite reviews elsewhere that Skype doesn't function properly), but he was not able to demo it for me, leaving me skeptical.

I also asked if it had the capability to print to printers on the LAN, but again I got mixed / vague answers regarding this.

I also noticed there are no ports / cables to output to an external monitor / TV, they were completely in the dark regarding these.

Needless to say, I did not purchase but I am keen to find out if you have any answers to these situations? I'd very much like to not buy an Ipad.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 5:43:33 PM PDT
Under settings there is an Aps tab where you can disable them. I didn't try to delete them since i like the Aps it comes with.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 5:44:56 PM PDT
This feature is cool, I will take a picture and report back

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 6:24:36 PM PDT
The Guy at BB was no help for me either. when I got there I asked him for this tablet and he said they didn't have any. I told him that BB website said they had them in stock. when he went and looked around for them he found 6 of them. BestBuy is not what it used to be. anyway he sold me a case that was for last years model he said it would work with this tablet. when I got home the holes did not lineup with this pad. I returned the case and found a nice one at Walmart. I installed skype and it worked fine. I called a friend and then called myself and it worked great. as far as cables it didnt come with any besides the charging cable. I have not tried to print yet since my printer is broken. I will try once I get a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 9:23:51 PM PDT
TheCritic says:
I used it as a remote and it not only recognized my tv it found my cable box and my surround sound. I can turn on and off all those things. Worked great. Love this tablet...

Posted on May 15, 2012, 9:13:58 AM PDT
What case/cover do you recommend to go with it?

Posted on May 15, 2012, 12:22:02 PM PDT
L. M Young says:
These stores are clueless. My husband went to both Frys and Best Buy to see if they had one. Neither had their tablets connected to the internet so you could see how they worked! Plus I asked the guy at Frys about the new 10 inch version and he didn't even know there was one. Did play with the old version and the Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch; was pleased at the quick response.

Posted on May 15, 2012, 2:54:12 PM PDT
Original 10.1 can not play 1080p video. just 720p
Can you check out if this 2nd version can play 1080p video smoothly?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›