Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 23, 2013
I bought this frame for my Mom specifically for it's wireless capability to remotely upload and manage photos. The lack of a touchscreen is painful. The frame has a set of buttons on the back for navigating the menu which is difficult but not impossible. The wifi is touchy. It took me a while to get it to connect with a stable connection. The connection kept getting dropped while it was trying to download an update. Once I finally got it to connect and let me sync it with the Nix servers I was VERY surprised to find that if I wanted to upload photos in their full resolution I had to pay $4 a month if I paid a year in advance, or $5 a month on a monthly basis. The image degradation on the standard free service is unacceptable. A 5mb photo is reduced to 500kb.

On the plus side, the frame is fairly easy to use. Unfortunately, that's the only good thing I have to say. I'll be returning this frame primarily for the simple fact that Nix believes that allowing me to upload a few photos a month at their full resolution is worth 5$ a month and neglected to mention it in the description.
2525 comments| 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?