Length:: 0:19 Mins
Video demonstrates a very quick IR shot in completely dark bathroom with the camcorder's IR light - and then with Streamlight's IR flashlight that I also bought here on Amazon.. This B007RB82D2
is an essential for this camcorder! So worth it...
I bought this camcorder for the same reasons everyone else most likely will - price and capabilities!
This definitely added a huge bonus into our adventures - and it's nice to have the whole event recorded for further analysis, etc etc... very worthwhile!
- IR and Full Spectrum imaging/video
- Built in IR light (going to purchase IR FLASHLIGHT as it will be dual-purpose and help here)
- SIZE - this thing's not big AT ALL -- and records some very nice quality video that can make me nauseous at 60FPS
- Has motion activated recording capabilities; good for static camera
- HAS TRAFFIC MODE - have no clue what that's about - but sounded neat.
- Came with remote control.
- Functional touch-screen for settings
- Separate CAMERA and VIDEO modes - a press of the camera or video button will transfer you into that mode, after-which you can hit 'Menu' to access that functionality's menu/configuration.
- Battery is a little weak, could be because of the IR light? -- but go ahead and order a couple extra NP-120 batteries as I had and you'll have some extra juice. (I will keep better track of battery run-time for the review update next time)
- No place to jack in an external mic (Wanted to setup a parabolic mic for audio testing)
For 200 dollars you seriously cannot beat this camcorder for every-day usage, and amazing night-time outings!
**Don't forget to set your date and time, otherwise your first ghost hunt will be on January 1st, 2011 :)