Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on December 27, 2011
I purchased the Angel Dear blankie for my son when he was about 5 months old. I wanted to get him a lovey that was lightweight enough for him to sleep with without my having to worry about it being a SIDs risk. I know that the advice is to wait until a year old before putting anything in the crib with your baby, but he was having trouble adjusting to sleeping with his arms not swaddled (and swaddling is also a SIDS risk once your baby can roll over).

This blankie was a major help in teaching my son to sleep with his arms unswaddled. Before we got it, he'd fall asleep with his arms out but wake himself up by flailing within 20 minutes or less. Hugging the blankie helped him have something to do with his arms and he was able to stay asleep longer without flailing and waking himself up.

The reasons I chose this blankie were the fact that it was so lightweight and the zillions of glowing reviews about it. As a first-time mom, I was still nervous about having anything in the crib with my little one, so at first I only gave it to him at the beginning of the night. When I went to bed, I'd sneak into his room and take it away. After a few weeks, I saw that he was capable of pulling it off of his face if it ended up there and felt reassured, and he's slept with it all night ever since.

We now have three of this blankie, one for his crib, one for the diaper bag, and a backup that we keep in his closet just in case. We rotate them all and wash them regularly.

He loved this blankie from the start, and would hug it while he slept at night. Up until about a month ago (when separation anxiety started in earnest), he mostly only used the blankie in the crib. Now at 11 months old, he wants to hold it sometimes when he is awake, too. He chews on the little nubs and will crawl around with it hanging from his mouth. When he sees the one we have in the diaper bag, he pulls it out and hugs it.

This blankie was definitely a great investment! I won't hesitate to purchase one (and a couple backups) for my next baby when he or she comes along.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.