Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2013
First let me get my one gripe out of the way. Why do record labels insist on this eco-friendly packaging crap? Give me a sturdy/standard case (a 3 disc case is easy to put out) I do not plan on throwing away my cd/dvd cases so why make them eco friendly or biodegradable, make them strong and I'll be happy. This isn't anything that can take away from the five stars though. I will admit I love Queen and Freedie's vocals has to be one of the greatest vocalists of all time. That being said, I'm sure most of you probably agree to some degree otherwise you would not be reading further.

The blu ray looks and sounds great. I have never seen this on dvd or in any other incarnation so my opinion is just based on what I have in front of me. And trust me, if there was anything to gripe about I'd gripe lol. Because I hold Queen in such high esteem I'd want them presented in the best possible way. Also anyone who has the Wembley dvd, do not worry, though most of the tracks are the same, the sound/performance is difference. It's like a totally new feeling. And I wish they'd come out with Wembley as well on Blu Ray. So if you are worried about it just being a duplicate of that one, do not worry this is a definite must have.

The songs themselves sound great and are well chosesn, as this is part of the Magic tour, it makes sense that it mirrors the Wembley arena one. The two cds are also great to have as well. I did not see the discs available seperate from the dvd, if it is ti's not remastered etc, so This was the best way to go. Though I like the cases like a standard blu ray comes in, they could have added a few little trays in the middle. I'm sorry but I just hate the packaging lol. The book/cover art is great though do not get me wrong..and I am not disappointed with my purchase (as there isn't a better alternative). Though it was a bit pricey, I can't see any real Queen fan really caring about that.

I could go on and on about the songs, but we all know them and they sound great live. I will add a point or two about Freddie, as this was the last tour he had with Queen. He simply owns his audience. Getting that huge of a stadium to clap rhythmically as a single entity is no small fete. He has them eating out of the palms of his hands. There is no air of arrogance mind you, just control. The audience loves Freddie and he loves them. It's like magic (pardon the pun) when he's on stage and they are so in tune with him. He looks comfortable on the stage and energized. He feeds off their love as if it's adrenaline.

The small documentary is a bit short at 27 minutes, and I believe I've seen bits of it in the behind the scenes of the Wembley DVD and/or Queen BBC documentary (another must have for fans). But it's still great to have. for the value of this Blu Ray and two cd set, I can't put a price on it, aside from the choice of cases I can't complain about anything. So if you love Queen or just good old fashioned Live rock 'n roll bands then you need this. Not just want, need. To many artists lip synch these days, this is a band at the top. Queen has never been a band of unequal players (think Wham!) Everyone contributes and everyone supports each other. Both in the music and the songwriting, that's probably why Queen is still so popular. No one can deny their talent, not after seeing this.
What's this?