Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on May 29, 2012
I ordered this laptop about 30 days ago and have been solidly satisfied ever since. I desperately needed a new laptop for home use and wanted a machine that was stylish, updated and could handle a basic level of tasks. I use this as my primary and only home computer (which doesn't say much, after work, I go home to veg. I needed a machine I could use while watching TV, use while half-sleeping on the couch and something to answer emails in bed after I wake up late for work/other commitments- again).

Pros:
It looks great! It has a distinctive mocha case with a nice detail on it. And, no it's not as light as the MacBook Air or something, but is easy to handle, travels well and looks sleek.

The screen is solid and is a nice size.

The laptop runs very, very, cool. I don't think that mine has even warmed up a bit.

Windows 7 looks great on this laptop.

ASUS has some interesting programs (crapware- but not that crappy).

I can run MS Office programs, Google Chrome, IE, VPN access my work computer, edit web pages and listen to Pandora at once just fine (occasionally the Pandora skips, but that just might be the connection).

Cons:
The keyboard takes some getting used to. . . it's very wide, I tend to favor the buttons on the left and some of the command buttons are in areas I did not expect- and on the way right. With that said, it's a little annoying but easily solvable (I just look down more when I am typing).

The speakers are really not that good. But not a big deal for me because I mostly use this laptop for general home use (to finish projects from work, catch up on volunteer stuff and to check email and my FB). With that said, if I ever felt the need to watch movies or TV shows on it or something, I would just plug in speakers.

This is my first computer with an AMD processor. It's alright and works for me. I can tell the difference between this an Intel processor though- especially when playing basic games and do worry that this laptop will become dated sooner than its Intel counterpart. But the computer has never crashed- just some of the games run a bit slow (READ: I am not a gamer, I am talking about basic silly free games). I saw a review that mentioned the screen cuts out or something like that. . . I noticed that it did reset once or twice while I was loading my files and programs onto the machine. Nothing major though, and this happens on my desktop computer at work too. . .

You have to make your own recovery disks. It took 12 DVDs for me- and A LOT of time. Painful.

But all and all I am super happy with my purchase. Totally worth the price and totally stylish.
22 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.