Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 7, 2011
We're doing a project to replace the bath vanity, requiring some plunge cutting, tile cutting, tile removal, etc. This was a great excuse to get an oscillating tool. Just used it for a couple of hours in connection with removoving some tile and backer board. Folks, this thing is the BUSINESS. I have a few Bosch tools, and I have always been pleased with them, so I'm biased going in. Granted the Fein Multimaster might be great, but it's expensive. I was considering some lower priced oscillating tools out there, but I was a bit worried about long term durability vs price point.

To me, this Bosch fits right in with great quality at a reasonable price. Just being able to plunge cut in certain situations makes this worthwhile. Sometimes you just need to cut straight in, and recip, or jig just won't work. But with the other various accessories, sanding, grout removal, etc, it's great. I need to regrout the tub enclosure too (one day...), and with this, it will make the job much easier. No WAY I would consider sawing out grout with a hand grout saw. That's nuts. As it is, using this tool I reckon it would take me a couple of hours to remove the grout in a typical enclosure. With a hand grout saw? Well, I figure infinity. There may be more specialized grout grinders out there, but this tool has other uses too. Let's face it, as a home DIYer, I'm not doing tub enclosures every day.

The kit I got came with a sanding pad, sandpaper assortment, round wood/metal saw, 1/8 kerf grout, rigid scraper, and a straight Japansese-tooth hardwood blade. Also comes with an adaptor which claims to allow 1) accessory attachment at intermediate positions, and 2) the use of competitor accessories. I popped for a few extras so far: a 1/16 kerf grout (for close spaced tiles, which I have); a diamond round (pricey, but claims to cut tile); and a straight wood/metal blade (the Japanese-tooth blade is not ideal for all materials due to the long tooth length.) I see Bosch also has some sort of hybrid surface grinder accessory too, which could come in handy. The flexible scraper would be good too.
Highly recommended.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?