Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 20, 2010
I've been studying networking and network security in school but had never actually punched down a patch panel. My parents needed one for their house with tons of wires, so I got this one to practice on. It works great.

The only thing that I had trouble with was the coloring on the back - I simply didn't read the diagram closely when I should have. There were two strips of colors (568A and 568B) one on the left and one on the right. While I knew of 568A/B, I didn't make the connection that was what the two diagrams were for - I thought one was for the left jacks and the other was for the right jacks. A dumb moment. Half were punched down A and the other half B.

Later after figuring out my problem, I just repatched the wrong ones. It wasn't that bad.

This unit is still worth 5 stars. The diagrams actually say which is A and which is B if you read them. It looks fine, has numbers / can be labeled as well, and all ports work without issues.
What's this?