Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 8, 2000
First off, let me say that I give the album two thumbs up and highly recommend it, both to fans of the film, and also those looking for a good, semi-predictable but also fresh, romantic cd which makes good background music for kicking back and thinking about love.
There are enough differences in the songs to keep it interesting, but they go together well too.
Although I'm not usually a fan of "boy-bands," and the like, I find I like all the songs on the album in their own way. I love hearing the first few beats on the cd, which really set the tone for the whole run of songs. That songs lyrics are also good, ie: "No Matter what the ending, My Life Began With You." Shania Twain's "You've Got A Way" is beautiful, Elvis Costello's "She" is haunting, poignant, and very reminiscent of both Julia Roberts as Anna Scott in the film, and of all those other women out there who are so fetching and so loved that all those little inconveniences kind of fade into the distance, ie: "She... could turn each day into a heaven or a hell." But he still loves her, right? Perhaps even loves her more.
Then there's the "The Smile on your face lets me know that you need me/the look in your eye saying you'll never leave me/ the touch of your hand says you'll catch me whenever I fall/ You Say It Best, When You Say Nothing At All" song. No comment needed, that one's great!
The two versions of "Ain't No Sunshine" are a nice touch, and in a way kind of reflect the tone of the album. The songs oscillate between being reflecting happy, current love, and love that's been lost (which reflects the film itself). But that's what's so great about the cd. No matter what's going on in your personal life at the moment, there's always a song to relate to.
The cd ends with a couple of sweeping, classical, movie score songs, which I thought were a good way to end a soundtrack album which so faithfully follows the film.
Overall, the cd is understated in a quiet way(with perhaps one exception). This makes it a great addition to any grown-up cd collection with a little room on the shelf for some consistently good love songs.
0Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?