Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 29, 2010
I was really excited to get something that my 3 1/2 girl could play, interact With and actually learn.... I had a lot of faith on thiis Sesame street wii game. I pre ordered and counted the days... This is what i think about it:

What they're selling:
- The concept is great. To teach rhymes, colors, shapes, phonics and alphabet.
- the zoo is divided in areas: wet lands, arctic, jungle, aquarium, savanna. Each area with 3 to 4 short games.
- the game adapts to your child's skills...( NOT! )

What you're buying (40 bucks... Ouch!)

- In the beginning it's not easy to get the remote to respond.. Or let's say, to get your child to do what the remote has to do.
- you will have to either pick up a second remote, hold your child's hand and intruct her or use your creativity and move the remote in a different way instructed by the game and have it to respond. (for example: the "back and forth" movement can be substituted to a movement like "driving" with the remote... The "scoop" movement can be adapted to a "up and down" movement...
- some games are easy/difficult when it comes to content (well, of course, it depends on your child) and some are easy/difficult when it comes to get the child to operate the remote. (it can happen that your child knows the answer but can't get the remote to respond, getting the child frustrated and uninterested)

The development of the game:
- it is all divided by "zoo area". I think it should be divided by subject ("phonics", "colors"..) or by level
- there are VERY little games (the games are short, which is okay so it doesn't bore the children but... Too little games for 40 bucks)
- No pipi break!! The game doesn't pause!
- no "back to menu" option. (if your child is playing and you realize the game's too hard or she's uninterested, you can't go back to menu mode and choose another game. You will have to press "home" button on your remote and start everything over again.
- no unlocking, no new phases. All that you see is what you get.

About the Elmo remote cover:
- what is that thing for, actually?
- if you put it on, it blocks the buttons and the sensitivity of the remote and it doesn't respond.
- it was meant to dress the remote over that silicone dress. (FOR WHAT???)

I REALLY wanted to love this game (I wouldn't mind to hate it if my daughter loved it, but she didn't... She likes it for 5 minutes). It was not worth it not because of the big expectation I had but the content or lack of it: Few games, can be frustrating and... the price is ridiculous. That being said, I will try not to regret too much buying this game (ouch, my 40 bucks!)
I wish I had tested it in a store... I wouldn't have bought it cause I'm sure my daughter would let me know in a minute how not amused she was.

That being said, I'm glad I didn't buy the Cookie monster game together!
55 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?