Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2016
So what is there to say about a wall charger? Well, I would want to know things like: Does it charge devices properly? Does it have Quick Charge support? Does it get hot? Will it fit in my car? Does it work with Google’s new Nexus phones? Let’s answer those questions individually.

1) Does it quick charge the new Nexus phones?
You bet. I plugged in my Nexus 6P and received rapid charging in the USB Type C port. The Nexus 5X and 6P need a 5V/3A current and this car charger supplies exactly that. In a single charge of my Nexus 6P that started at 5% when plugged in, it took 1 hour to get up to 75% and another 38 minutes to reach 100% for a total of 1 hour 38 minutes charging time. Peak charging rates were measured through Ampere and topped for me at 2980mA during two different charging cycles which is amazingly close to Google’s own OEM wall charger rate (3000 mA).

I also tested the USB A (rectangular) port on the charger and can confirm that you get the "charging" message on your lock screen (which is what you are supposed to see) when using a spec compliant cable.

2) Does it charge properly? Yes, it does charge properly. What I mean by that is I didn’t notice my Nexus 6P getting overly hot, nor has the charger done any damage to them after a number of cycles. It just charges them like it should. The USB Type C to Type C cables I used are spec compliant. The USB Type C to Type A cable I used was spec compliant as well.

The advantage of this wall charger over the competition is it (instead of only one) can output the max amount of power your devices draw AT THE SAME TIME. Other competitor brands either only have one port to begin with or they multiple ports that can only draw the max amount of power to one device at a time. With the CHOETECH 39W 3-port Type C wall charger, you can enjoy all of your devices being charged at the max rate at all times. (i.e. my Nexus 6P, iPad Air 2, and my Samsung Note 4 all charged at their max charging rates).

3) Will it fit in my outlet?
Yes. The charger is a little wide so it may not fit flush in a surge protector outlet and may need to be strategically placed, however, it should fit in the bottom outlet of a wall. The design of the charger is premium and includes a blue LED light to signal when your devices are charging. Also, the wall charger is compact and more importantly portable. I take this charger with me when I travel and it fits quite nicely in my laptop bag. So you should fit it and take it anywhere you choose.

4) Does this support Quick Charge 2.0?
Yes, the CHOETECH 39W 3-port Type C wall charger supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 in the two USB Type A ports.

5) Does it come with USB cables?
No, but CHOETECH has USB Type C cables of their own that work quite well with the wall charger if you need to purchase some. I obtained the “charging rapidly” message on my Nexus 6P with several different brands of cables during my testing.

6) What’s wrong with it?
If I had to nit pick at something, it would be that the wall prong is a little difficult to flip out (see attached picture in my review). I maintain short fingernails and it is difficult for me to flip out the wall prongs from the swivel.

Also, the blue LED indicator light is a hit or miss feature. The indicator light does not bother me whatsoever but I know it may bother some people. You either like it or you don’t. I just happen to love it.

Overall, I would say this is an excellent spec compliant USB Type C Wall Charger out on the market. It feels very well built, it’s stylish, and compact, oh… and most importantly… just works the way a wall charger should!
Customer image
5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3-port Spec Compliant Type C Wall Charger on the market
By B-23 on February 19, 2016

1) Does it quick charge the new Nexus phones?

3) Will it fit in my outlet?

4) Does this support Quick Charge 2.0?

5) Does it come with USB cables?

6) What’s wrong with it?