Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 3, 2011
The book entitled Thriving Beyond Sustainability by Andres R. Edwards has helped me recognize the reality of climate change. I have heard it in the news but I never paid much attention to the problems we are facing due to our devastation to our environment. The author is able to clearly describe some of the problems that we are facing with climate change and what are the several initiatives that are being done all over the world in order to stop the destruction of Earth. What I found very interesting about this book is it is not aiming to just stop the bad things that we do on our environment. It is also promoting a sense of community and harmony in order for us to have a more quality life. According to Andres Edwards, "thrivability focuses on a collaboration and abundance. The concept acts as catalyst to motivate us to take action" (page 4). In other words, the author argues that we should live one with nature and not think as a separate entity from it. We should take care of this planet because we are a part of it. The author is successful to inspire my classmates and I to start making changes in our lifestyles. I do believe that educating others and sparking our interest is a good start in order to spread awareness to more people regarding climate change. Moreover, he was able to convey the message that if we all act as one community we will all reach the goal of thriving rather than just trying to survive.
I recommend this book to educators, parents, and community leaders so that they can spread awareness to more people. We need to act now and make necessary changes in order to reduce the destruction that we do on our environment.
What's this?