85 of 100 people found the following review helpful
I enjoy the NHL lockout more than this game,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: NHL 13 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Without fixes, this NHL game is the first where I say "its unplayable" and I actually dont play it. Instead of a long winded review, I'll simply enumerate some issues:
1. I mostly play EASHL and all I see and hear is "nice poke check." Poke check, poke check, poke check. Way over powered and very irritating.
2. I guess legal interference is back, b/c I've been knocked down a bunch of times w/out the puck, far away from the net w/out a call.
3. Hitting. Broken. (You get knocked down by the CPU, who is standing still, and then you bounce up and down on the ice?) Passing. Broken. (Passing to a guy wide open shouldn't require prayer). Computer AI. Still laughably broken (There isn't a time when I call for the puck where I don't expect the computer to do something idiotic).
4. "Nice poke check."
5. The skating backward from end to end garbage has now been legitimized? They took out the vision control button, which was actually useful, and replaced it with the "skate backward whenever you want" button? Who goes on a breakaway and then decides, "you know what might work here? Skating backward."
6. So now we have to wait longer to start a lobby game? They took the enjoyment of waiting in line at the DMV and combined it with having to listen to idiots, all as a reward to play a terrible game.
7. Goals don't feel like accomplishments. Make an amazing deke, slip a pass by a defender (somehow), get a pass right back and the goaltender is sipping coffee waiting for the top shelf shot. BUT, take a shot from some stupid angle and it goes in.
At least in NHL 12, when I was annoyed, I could run into the boards and injure myself. As a coup de grâce, you can no longer do that. So, I just injure my self in real life by slapping my forehead for playing this game.
I don't even think the girls in the crowd are hot anymore. How do you screw that up?
I hate this game@$@#$@#
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2012 2:00:46 PM PDT
Charlie D. says:
Brilliant review. Made my day.
Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:40:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 6:41:09 PM PDT
Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:44:17 PM PDT
100% accurate review.
Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:16:48 PM PDT
Edward A. Stout says:
In the words of Metallica....Sad but True. EA should be ashamed.
Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:08:57 PM PST
Matt k says:
best post i have ever seen .. perfectly acturate and your right the girls arent hot anymore
Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:25:54 PM PST
Ethan Deanwood says:
100% accurate. Best review yet.
Posted on Nov 30, 2012 2:50:37 PM PST
M. Bieler says:
I totally agree. I'm very disappointed. No real season - and no virtual season, either.
Posted on Jan 25, 2013 3:22:40 PM PST
T. Dillon says:
Thank you for being one of the few people that tell the truth about this game. everyone else wants to say it's amazing. this review is 100% true
Posted on Feb 17, 2013 6:00:53 PM PST
Dr H S.Thompson says:
I laughed my ass off . . great review . . I remember playing EA hockey back in the '90's on a Sega and it was fun . . . but this sounds like torture . . .thanks for the great read . .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›