Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but could use a bit more editing, September 27, 2011
This review is from: Bound to the Prince (Elven Warrior Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved the cover of this book. Found it when the goodreads author followed me.

I got the sample from amazon...liked it enough to then order it.

I loved the premise...strong Elf captures a human from our time and makes her his slave of pleasure.

Igraine had had a hard life...and she was depressed...and thought, briefly, about jumping from a bridge.

Then she realizes that something is chasing her and she's caught and taken down into a cave by an Elf Prince, Elathan.

As I said, I liked the premise, but the execution left something to be desired. This book could have used a really good editor. A lot of things were repeated that just didn't need to be.

Trim many pages, tighten it up, flesh the ending out just a bit more (it was very abrupt)...and this could be a real contender.

BUT, for $2.99 at amazon, one can forgive many of the editing mistakes.

I won't read it again, but I don't feel like the time spent reading it was wasted.

I'll be keeping an eye on this author.

EDITING TO ADD: This is a REVIEW and it is MY opinion...which is what reviews ARE. I am adjusting my rating to a THREE star rating. As much as I liked Elathan, the fact that he hit her and smacked her around to TOUGHEN her up...it still bothers me and it's been days since I read this. I kept thinking: He won't hurt her again...and yet, he did. She gets hurt a LOT in this story...mostly by the males near her. I like an ALPHA male as much as the next person...but this just doesn't sit well with me...so THREE stars...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2011 2:31:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2011 2:35:27 AM PDT
Lucy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2011 8:54:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2011 5:56:35 PM PDT
I actually was going to give the book a three star...but the fact that she DID put so much effort into writing it, and the fact that the premise was interesting, bumped it up to a four.

An EDITOR would be helpful here...there were continuity problems from the FIRST CHAPTER...those just kept stopping me in my tracks.

An EDITOR could help her with this.

It's kind of you to come to your friend's defense. It really didn't seem warrented, as I did not flame her. But kind of you anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 6:39:33 AM PDT
I really didn't see that many problems with the editing at all. I think that for the world building that Deborah Court did with this book that the editing was pretty good. There was alot going on in this story, and it all flowed very well to me. As for things being repeated, I didn't find that at all a problem either. As I said before, this story has alot going on and the things that were repeated were at a point in the story that called for it. I think for her first novel that it was an amazing read! Especially for a Erotic Fantasy Romance. If you read Erotic stories of any kind, you will find that even the seasoned authors in this genra often loose focus on the story in favor of the sex. That did not happen in this book and I found that so refreshing. I am a lover of all things romance and have read quiet a bit of each genre of romance, I also had been looking for a good Fantasy from the erotic genre for some time. I found this book and bought it on a whim and was pleasantly surprised with it. I had no problems with the first chapter or any chapter at all. Reading is my love and I do it well I guess. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, even though yours is a bit strange since I did not find very many editing issues at all. Your opinion will not stop others from enjoying this wonderful read by a very promising author. And I call it strange only because you seem to be the only one with "editing" issues with the story at all. CONGRATULATIONS DEBORAH COURT, your book was amazing, and I can not wait for the next one to come out! I will read this one over and over as it is until then!

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 7:32:52 PM PST
Good review. It's nice to see balanced reviews that neither gush nor revile the book but simply represent the pros and cons. The fact that the author is new should not lead a reviewer to completely ignore problems in the story so I'm glad you didn't. Thank you for giving an honest and unbiased review. I am glad you added the comment about the physical hurt--it's good to know what I'm getting into.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 6:14:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 6:14:48 AM PST
Thank you, Jessica! I have to say, when I got the notice of a new comment, I read it through my fingers. This author's friends tend to attack anyone that doesn't give the story a FIVE star rating. We are, apparently, not discerning enough to "get" the story.

Thank you for your comment...and maybe you will like it. The abuse still sticks with me, even after all this time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 3:00:11 AM PST
Tina, it's clear you have a personal relationship with this author. I suggest you get used to the negative reviews because you friend isn't a good writer and I'm happy to warn others to not purchase poorly written stories. That's how this reviewing thing works. Get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 3:44:39 AM PST
What? Didn't lose focus on the story in favor of sex? Did you read this book? Back to back sex scenes throughout with little character or plot development. That's what I experienced. I've read MANY erotic stories that far surpass the effort made by this author.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›