Truck Season Automotive HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

VINE VOICEon November 2, 2011
Personally I think the number one audience for this book should be decorators who tend to arrange living spaces which should be viewed from afar, like a painting, not lived in as a home. These are the homes of families from many cross sections of American Life. Their spaces are well used and lived in. If you were a guest you would immediately be comfortable and relaxed. You also see children and dogs freely using these houses.

This book too suffers from one overused concept in interior design though. This is the almost exclusive use of beige and white except in accessory pieces. In these cases though I have the impressions that the families just went with the easiest, most comfy way to set up and then decorated mainly with their personal interests, pieces and art works. There is not a thing wrong with this. I have done it myself. The only problem is that for someone who already pretty much also lives like this, there were no new ideas for me to use in my own space. I was hoping to pick up some new ideas.

So my recommendation is that this book is best for the opposite kind of person, the person who has a lovely home in which no one can get comfy or relax. There are plenty of them out there and they are the ones who need this book.

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
2 people found this helpful