Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 12, 2008
I was skeptical about Dyson vacs in general because of the price, but I have to say this is probably one of the best purchases I've ever made for several reasons. The main reasin is that I have nerve damage and less than normal cartilage in my lower vertebrae, which made vacuuming very painful and laborous. On top of that, I have two dogs so I vacuum all the time. This vacuum is literally a miracle for me. It is so lightweight and so easy to maneuver that I don't have any pain after doing the whole house. That is really saying something, since things as small as leaning over for 10 minutes to wash the dishes causes me pain. It practically glides effortlessly across my floors (which are half carpet and half hardwood). Seriously, I almost cried tears of joy the first time I used it.

In addition, it works spectacular, and just snapped together out of the box. The first time you use it you'll see that so much thought went into the design specifcially for functionality. It's pretty and modern, but more importantly, it's functional. I love that it can move along flush with a wall, so I rarely need to use the attachments (except to get behind stuff). And it's relatively small. I expected it to be much larger, but it's small and so very, very light. You'll really notice the difference between it's 16lb and the normal 25-30lb for other 11 amp vacs. And it's relatively quiet.

Another thing I really like is that it doesn't seem to be a dust magnet. My last vacuum cleaner seemed to attract most of the dirt to itself, rather than sucking it into the canister. I stored it outside in our laundry room because it was a stinky mess (and I'm talking about a high end Dirt Devil model that was less than a year old). The Dyson is clean enough to stay in the house after several months.

Vacuuming is not the most glamorous thing in the world, but this vac has surely revolutionized house cleaning for me. I know, silly, but it's true.
22 comments| 441 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?