Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

on August 11, 2011
First, let me say that the grammar was excellent throughout the stories, with the exception of a misspelled word ("harry," rather than "hairy.)

Now that I've given the positive side of this "book," let's discuss negatives. There was no meat to any of these stories. It was like the author thought "I have a great idea for a horror story. I wonder how few sentences I can write it in." I realized these are supposed to be short stories, but they read more like synopses of novel ideas. The concept of the first story was intriguing, but thrown at the reader so quickly and summarily that you don't have time to get invested in the story. The last story, about knick knacks was the only one that really worked well as a short story.

I'm tempted to say that I'd be interested in reading a full length story from the author (Scribner), but I don't think I actually would. Every single character was the same. There was no personality to any of them that distinguished any one of them from another.

Again, the grammar was fantastic, and it's rare that I compliment someone's grammar, so if that's all you really care about, then this book is for you.

In summary, the book was free, so I can't complain about the cost or ask for my money back, but I if possible, I would ask for the fifteen minutes back that I spent reading it.
11 comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.